Blogs I follow

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Corticeira Amorim - buy and sell

I'm not pretty sure this will work in the long run, but for now it's being very educational and funny too.

I bought this stock back in feb,10, @3.33 and sold it in feb,12 @3.37 (after fees and comissions).
This gave me a 1.2% profit and now I'm on buyer side again.

Has I wrote, it is a very-low-free-float-and-traded-stock of the portuguese market, but a great company that has been very well managed.

Do you have any strategy of this kind?

4 comments:

  1. Seems like a lot of buying and selling for not much gain. I'm sure you hope to repeat this over and over but I'm guessing it will be difficult. I usually buy and rarely sell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. That is a great way to look at the markets. Since I don't have enough capital to buy&buy&hold I "stay connected" with the market with these small trades.
    This stock trades very little and I am trying to "catch" the spread bettwen bid&ask.
    So far so good, this only take 5min a day to implement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following a similar strategy for quite some time. I started back in ~2000 in open accounts, but the taxes and bookkeeping were getting too much. I have been following my strategy in an IRA for a few months now. It is doing quite fine. However, I only buy dividend stocks that I would hold anyway if the market turns south. I am not buying any stocks only because of a spread. The way I see it, if I can make 1% trades that are rolled into each other, the final outcome will be fabulous. If not, I will be holding a bunch of stock at any given point and collecting dividends. Keep in touch.
    Good luck.

    Keep cranking,

    Robert the DividendDreamer

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the way I view this "trading" this is a very-low-free-float-and-traded company, for USA standards but is very well managed.
    I would mind to own it, and it pays a nice dividend. Measn while, I'll try to catch these small trades.

    ReplyDelete