Blogs I follow

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

First post - Presentation and main objectives

I live in Portugal. In this country, and generally in the southern europe, the return on capital is much penalized.

For me, it is ridiculous to tax capital gains in pension funds since this capital already have been taxed as work income is well caught. Doesn't sounds fair to me.

Investing in stock market is something that I think will be inevitable in the short term, because major changes are around the corner in my country. In the last bailout, our lenders made us make many changes and these will continue in near future. Particularly, pensions from Social Security will be much lower than it have been it the past.

But stock market is a really unknown to most people in my country. There are few companies and the free float in each company is low as well. The stock market is not risk-free, very far from it. But it becomes inevitable when most of us, at working age, will have the lower support from the State that it is now assured, particularly in terms of pensions.

I give for granted the creation of personal capitalization accounts (one pension fund for each person) managed by the Government, or by independente companies like banks or other indicated by savers, that will allow some income for retirement, serious illness and/or unemployment. As already do the current pension funds .

The risk can be mitigated if the investment in the stock market is done in a rational way.

This blog will focuses on financial issues and portuguese stock market, and attempts to demystify the investment in stocks.

More, it will seek to give information about portuguese companies to people around the world!

Will you follow me in my adventure?

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Lots of things you have to make sure you get right. Keep us up to date with what is going on. Good luck.

    Keep cranking,

    Robert the DividendDreamer

    ReplyDelete